Armed police to patrol on streets

Discuss issues relating to the Police Force.

Armed police to patrol on streets

Postby Farmer » Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:38 pm

http://www.metro.co.uk

Police armed with machine guns will soon be regularly patrolling the streets for the first time.

They will move into different troublespots for two weeks at a time and carry out daily patrols.

The armed team will also help neighbourhood police squads carry out stop and searches, 'weapon sweeps' and motorbike patrols.

Police commanders believe the idea will make people feel safer in areas blighted by gang violence. But critics recoiled in horror, saying it would achieve exactly the opposite.

James Welch, legal director of campaign group Liberty, said: 'Armed police patrols should not become a regular sight in our cities without a full public debate on the issue.'

The patrols will be carried out by a team of 21 officers from the Met Police's CO19 firearms unit. Insp Derek Carroll, who leads the unit, said: 'Historically, CO19 was only called out when someone rang up to report a gun crime. But a lot of streets in London have young people in postcode gangs, aged 14 and upwards, and a lot of communities feel that they are controlling areas of estates.

'We are looking at gangs that have access to firearms and will be robust in dealing with them.'

He said pilot armed patrols of notorious housing estates in Brixton, Haringey and Tottenham proved popular and officers even ended up playing games of football with young people.

Met Police Authority member Jenny Jones said 'I'm horrified. I don't think this is what Londoners want and I don't think seeing a policeman with a machine gun will make them feel safer.'

London Assembly member Jennette Arnold claimed the patrols could ruin years of community relations work.
If you're scared of 'them' poisoning 'us' with some shit then maybe you haven't noticed the shit they are already poisoning us with.
- prajna - fmotl.co.uk forum 2011
Farmer

Re: Armed police to patrol on streets

Postby marcina1 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:08 pm

I agree armed officers on the street is only more indicative of their lack of control to the free thinker.
I believe the police are forcing their terror tactics on us!
they are terrorising our society.
I was wrongfully arrested last year and had 1st hand experience of there complete waste of tax payers moeny and harrassment of the public.
I still want my DNA back which they took!
they are criminals!
Ive been burgled twice and they were absolutely useless.
They are not protectors of the peace they are disturbers.
No armed police thanks!
marcina1

Postby Highspirit » Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:05 pm

I agree with you Marcina, we have to look at everything as George Orwell explains ie Double Speak. Whatever something says it is, it is the opposite and that is something that has become very clear to me. That goes for every single fundamental belief we have been taught to believe in, it is a lie.

Reports of Armed police on the streets and its appilcation are for brainwashing purposes, to monitor public response to the reports first and then the actual event. If the Sleeple accept it without too much protesting then guess what? Yep a gradual roll out in their traditional 'Boil the Frog' manner.

We are looking at the complete lock down into a Fascist State within the next few years and it will be done in the name of 'Protecting the Public', you wait and see. Your freedoms are already being eaten away at a formidable pace.

HS
Know Thyself
Highspirit

Postby kevin » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:03 pm

that's like the council registration schemes for Gas fitters, Electricians, window fitters, all Gas fitters, electricians and window fitters have to be on the council register...for £300+ a year, they've rolled it out a bit at a time to all other trades so only a few people complain at a time, now they're talking about hair dressers having to join one too, who's next? I don't think you can work on a building site now without being registered, they want to know everything you do on your own house now, you cant even fit a new front door yourself, not that I take any notice like, but many people do
kevin

Postby jonboy » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:14 pm

Yes, being CORGI registered is more important to most sheeple, than the actual competence of the plumber.
In order to take rubbish to the tip in a van, you have to have a "permit".
The list goes on and on. :no:
"Reason is the life of the law; nay, the common law itself is nothing else but reason. The law which is perfection of reason" Sir Edward Coke 1552-1634.

NO ONE RULES IF NO ONE OBEYS.

It is better to light one candle than to curse the darkness.
jonboy

Postby gepisar » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:25 pm

Indeed, bought a mouse trap today. On the back, was a STATUTORY warning about the use of the device. So, even using a mouse trap is a regulated activity!
Poor is the man whose pleasures depend upon the permission of another.
"Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value - Zero" - Voltaire 1729
gepisar

Postby jonboy » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:28 pm

That reminds me, my mousetrap license is out of date. Better apply for a new one. Next week I'm booked in for my toothbrush husbandry test too. :grin:
"Reason is the life of the law; nay, the common law itself is nothing else but reason. The law which is perfection of reason" Sir Edward Coke 1552-1634.

NO ONE RULES IF NO ONE OBEYS.

It is better to light one candle than to curse the darkness.
jonboy

Postby kevin » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:43 pm

gepisar wrote:Indeed, bought a mouse trap today. On the back, was a STATUTORY warning about the use of the device. So, even using a mouse trap is a regulated activity!

Is that a case of they have to provide a warning under statute, or there is a statute covering it's use? what does it say? it's all balls!!
kevin

Postby kevin » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:45 pm

jonboy wrote:.

Why do you think there's so much fly tipping, people borrow a van..load it up and find they're not allowed in without a licence which takes ages to get...where's the nearest lane?
kevin

Postby Farmer » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:36 pm

kevin wrote:
jonboy wrote:.

Why do you think there's so much fly tipping, people borrow a van..load it up and find they're not allowed in without a licence which takes ages to get...where's the nearest lane?

Are you serious about the permit, is this nation wide or from council to council?

The quicker we all are in a position to stop paying council tax the better.
If you're scared of 'them' poisoning 'us' with some shit then maybe you haven't noticed the shit they are already poisoning us with.
- prajna - fmotl.co.uk forum 2011
Farmer

Next

Return to Police Jurisdiction