What's this?

Examples of how to get yourself banned on FMOTL. We consider these Topics go absolutely nowhere, and do not contribute to the overall research we are trying to create. This Forum may contain sensible Topics have been deliberately de-railed by others. We do not take prisoners aka confrontational Users.

Don't bother coming "the big I am" on FMOTL. You won't get anywhere.

Re: What's this?

Postby kazz67 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:48 pm

BaldBeardyDude wrote:
kazz67 wrote:But the very bottom line, Baldy, is that we are all on the same side. Should we not be working together? Joining forces? Sharing knowledge and understanding? Growing? Learning?
Without the defensiveness, without the attitude and without the ego.

Peace, love, UNITY.
Karen.

Absolutely. I remember Macswin and I did thank him for his post but the main point, which is mostly lost, is that here we don't 'do' laws as others may do. As TPTB change definitions and tweak laws so often, it becomes a full-time job to keep track of this, wasting all our time.

So, we tend to take a common-sense feel to issues of statutes and err away from the law books. It doesn't matter what a person is defined as, so long as we remember what we are - flesh and blood and deal with cases that way.

While I understand completely where you're coming from, and when it comes to my own personal sense of freedom and justice, I agree. However, many who come to TPUC (and I assume, here) are in the process of dealing with the courts in one capacity or another, including facing criminal charges. The law, as it applies in these individual cases must be understood (in the common meaning of the word) and used accordingly.

V does have rants, as we all do. To be fair, they are mostly when people seem to forget the basics and get caught up in legal jargon and statute technicalities, losing sight of the issue itself. So, she speaks her mind.

And forgets that those people have valid reasons for for getting caught up in the legal jargon..? (Never mind. That's a rhetorical question that only Veronica could answer anyway)

I appreciate that Ianto may have been genuine, but even so - he was a definate cause of contention.

Aye, he was for many. And his banning led to several changes to the way the forum is moderated, mostly thanks to the input of the members, so some good did come out of his banning.

I welcome any here who want to do genuine work, ot any that wish to prove a point, or cause trouble. That is my task as a moderator, after all. Also, I answer to the other mods and V as the site owner and bill payer. I am still independant, just accountable for my conduct, also - they will tell me if I am too harsh, quick to judge, don't worry.

To finish, I propose we all just get along and stop this now, so we don't do any damage to our cause, which is, after all, exactly the same.

Agreed! :8-):

Peace, love, unity.
Kazz. xx
kazz67

Postby BaldBeardyDude » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:56 pm

Cool :peace: & :love:

Baldy
They must find it hard to take Truth for authority who have so long mistaken Authority for Truth - Gerald Massey
BaldBeardyDude

Postby Farmer » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:13 pm

kazz67 wrote:As far as I'm aware one member implied they may join in order to challenge existing theories. I can see nothing wrong with that. - In rising to challenges we grow stronger. In testing theories we discover their weaknesses and their strengths.

True enough some posts on the thread are not complimentary of FMOTL.com, but with some foundation (a generous, modest and most gentle soul was either banned or hounded of this site and accused of trolling here and that does, like it or not, speak volumes) whilst others are very complementary. Why be so sensitive about the negative whilst ignoring the positive? It's a discussion in which many various contributors express their opinions. Is this somehow threatening? If it is, I would suggest it is to your ego only.

kazz, macswin was not banned or hounded out. I consider it a great loss that he decided to make his decision based on one thread to not return.

kazz67 wrote:But the very bottom line, Baldy, is that we are all on the same side. Should we not be working together? Joining forces? Sharing knowledge and understanding? Growing? Learning?

No, the bottom line is every member of this forum which includes the admins and mods has to obey the rules, without which it is not possible to work together, join forces, share knowledge and understanding, grow, and learn. The rules are there to create an environment where proper discussion can take place and have shown that trouble makers are kept at bay. We all make mistakes and sometimes write something we shouldn't have, but people will realise what they have done when its pointed out to them. The trouble makers will just continue. Its simple really.
If you're scared of 'them' poisoning 'us' with some shit then maybe you haven't noticed the shit they are already poisoning us with.
- prajna - fmotl.co.uk forum 2011
Farmer

Postby IamallthatIam » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:43 pm

kazz67 wrote:[ we are all on the same side. Should we not be working together? Joining forces? Sharing knowledge and understanding? Growing? Learning?
couldn't have said it better myself

Hi Karen,

A very warm welcome to the forum , it great to see an influx of TPUC members, lets hope some good comes out of it all. The above basically sums up what I am about and similar to what I have just posted on the TPUC thread WE ARE ON THE SAME SIDE, so we all need to cut the crap and fight together towards the common goal, no ego's unless they are healthy ones :clap: :clap: :clap:

I am looking forward to hearing loads more from you

love and light
Angie x x
Invito beneficium non datur - A benefit is not conferred upon one against his consent.
I DO NOT offer legal advice
- "I just say what I say because everyone is entitled to my opinion!" -

- Saffi Elder (Aged 7)-
IamallthatIam

Postby kazz67 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:55 pm

Farmer wrote:

No, the bottom line is every member of this forum which includes the admins and mods has to obey the rules, without which it is not possible to work together, join forces, share knowledge and understanding, grow, and learn. The rules are there to create an environment where proper discussion can take place and have shown that trouble makers are kept at bay. We all make mistakes and sometimes write something we shouldn't have, but people will realise what they have done when its pointed out to them. The trouble makers will just continue. Its simple really.

Has somebody broken the 'rules' of this place??? Have I? If not I see no reason to use them as a means of hindering the progress of a conversation that had succeeded in achieving a sense of unity and shared understanding!

Maybe in your world the "rules" are the be-all and end-all, in mine unity (oneness) is the be-all and end-all.

Peace be the journey.

Peace, love, unity.
Karen.
kazz67

Postby kazz67 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:58 pm

IamallthatIam wrote:
kazz67 wrote:[ we are all on the same side. Should we not be working together? Joining forces? Sharing knowledge and understanding? Growing? Learning?
couldn't have said it better myself

Hi Karen,

A very warm welcome to the forum , it great to see an influx of TPUC members, lets hope some good comes out of it all. The above basically sums up what I am about and similar to what I have just posted on the TPUC thread WE ARE ON THE SAME SIDE, so we all need to cut the crap and fight together towards the common goal, no ego's unless they are healthy ones :clap: :clap: :clap:

I am looking forward to hearing loads more from you

love and light
Angie x x

:grin: Thank you Angie!! I needed that!

Love and light shining right back atcha! :love:

Peace, love, unity.
Karen. xxx
kazz67

Postby Farmer » Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:24 am

kazz67 wrote:Has somebody broken the 'rules' of this place??? Have I?

You have not as far as I am aware.

kazz67 wrote:If not I see no reason to use them as a means of hindering the progress of a conversation that had succeeded in achieving a sense of unity and shared understanding!

Exactly which part of the rules would hinder? The rules are there to make sure the conversation can flourish.

kazz67 wrote:Maybe in your world the "rules" are the be-all and end-all, in mine unity (oneness) is the be-all and end-all.

It is not my world. The rules developed over time to stop disruption on the threads, eliminate obvious plants from the authorities, self appointed plants, general trouble makers, and spam. You seem to make it seem as if people are completely controlled here.

You are the only one that can decide what is right for you.

macswin is brought up a lot as an example, probably because he is the only one that can be found or because he is so highly thought of. Well he was able to make all the points he wanted to. Nobody was censoring him. If anything, it brought out a lot more than would otherwise have been written by him. And the only reason anyone knows about the thread is that it is still there and the information he wrote and the exchange he took part in can be seen by the whole world. Now it is my understanding that you are a mod on TPUC. It is also my understanding that posts have been deleted by the mods on TPUC. Is this true?
If you're scared of 'them' poisoning 'us' with some shit then maybe you haven't noticed the shit they are already poisoning us with.
- prajna - fmotl.co.uk forum 2011
Farmer

Postby kevin » Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:30 am

yes macswin is still a member here and is free to post if he wants too, he chooses not to, I thought it was quite a good arguement as to whether legalese is worth taking note of or not, I believe not and said so

i thanked him for his info on common law here viewtopic.php?f=54&t=1027
kevin

Postby pigpot » Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:55 am

What is this really all about?

Answers please! :thinks:
The content of this post is not legal advice or advice of any kind. It is not the opinion of someone who is advising upon the law and is someone just passing a comment with no offense or dishonor intended. All rights are reserved by the poster.
pigpot

Postby IamallthatIam » Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:05 am

what's all what about Pigpot?
Invito beneficium non datur - A benefit is not conferred upon one against his consent.
I DO NOT offer legal advice
- "I just say what I say because everyone is entitled to my opinion!" -

- Saffi Elder (Aged 7)-
IamallthatIam

PreviousNext

Return to Chamber of Horrors