DOCX Files

Examples of how to get yourself banned on FMOTL. We consider these Topics go absolutely nowhere, and do not contribute to the overall research we are trying to create. This Forum may contain sensible Topics have been deliberately de-railed by others. We do not take prisoners aka confrontational Users.

Don't bother coming "the big I am" on FMOTL. You won't get anywhere.

Re: DOCX Files

Postby sl23 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:11 pm

WPSOffice (formerly KingSoft Office) free is my favoured solution. It claims to be the most compatible with MS documents and as far as I can tell, it seems to be. But... I am not a major office doc producer or viewer so this claim of mine may be premature. That said, I have tried other office apps LibreOffice, OpenOffice, AshampooOffice, even tried every free word processor available, none are as comprehensive or work as good as WPSOffice.

I have opened doc's with each office suite:
OpenOffice and LibreOffice take an aeon to load the first time your PC is powered up, for me that's not worth the effort, mainly because I rarely use office suite's for anything.
AshampooOffice is a fast starting app but seems to have issues with certain aspects of formatting correctly. It doesn't show doc's correctly sometimes and the BulletPoints wouldn't work correctly in a table when used in the second column.
WPSOffice is the only app that has shown all types of doc's without a hitch and even created my own without issues of any kind. Hence it being my faourite.

Just thought I'd add my experience in the hope it may benefit someone else :wink:
sl23

Previous

Return to Chamber of Horrors