How do I become a freeman on the land

We welcome all new members and visitors to the Forum, please introduce yourself here, point to your own website/blog or point to articles of interest that you have created.

How do I become a freeman on the land

Postby Tye » Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:35 pm

So sorry for jumping on another topic but can someone please explain to me how to become a freeman I tried researching myself but my reading is not the best and some of it escape me because of my poor reading ability I'm not fick can understand the words just can't read em I just want to know how to word a letter and who I send them to in plain English sorry if I come across rude
Tye

Re: How do I become a freeman on the land

Postby julynian » Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:50 pm

New here myself. I've been researching fmotl for about a month or so now. I'm really wanting to become a fmotl but unsure of the best route to take. I've heard of using a Baron or a Deacon, what other options are there. I'm in a position where I try to live as free as possible, I actually live on a boat so have no address. I just do enough work to survive as healthily as possible. I'm having some slight hassle with HMRC regarding tax return, as I used to run my own business, however I will sort this I'm sure. I'm trying to be self employed but don't want to register with government, I have a vehicle also, but I can't see any way of de-registering this without a lot of hassle. I live in Scotland (Glasgow area) btw, so if there are any groups in this area please let me know. I have a partner too, we're both trying to exist off grid as it were and get by simply and peacefully. Any comments welcome.
julynian

Re: How do I become a freeman on the land

Postby Kirstyrose82 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:06 pm

Hello everyone I hope your all keeping well. I would also be very greatful for some information on becoming a fmotl. I've been following a few people on youtube and doing a lot of research for a couple of months now. I would also be very greatful if you could inform me if any of your speakers are coming to leeds or the surrounding areas xx
Kirstyrose82

Return to Welcome to the Freeman-on-the-land Forum